BEFORE YOU START
Hello and welcome to the Transition to Certified Organic Agriculture course!
There are many reasons for making the move to become certified organic. Some of them may be personal, and some are financial or economic reasons, as the marketplace continues to reward those who become certified. Whatever your reason, this course will provide some help as we bring together Rodale Institute researchers, other experts and farmers to share with you information and help you transition to organic certification.
You will have access to this course across any and all devices you own, anytime, from anywhere, and a Certificate of Completion will be awarded once you finish the entire course.
If you are a professional CCA, CPAg, CPSS or CPSC interested in Continuing Education Units (CEUs), email [email protected] to discuss how you can submit this course for approval with your agency.
Watch the brief video tutorial below for instructions, and here are some tips to help you get the most out of your experience:
- This course was created for delivery in Teachable, an online learning platform that will provide an exceptional learning experience. We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Once you create your school account, you should have easy access, but will be prompted to sign in with your credentials, unless you save your password and bookmark the site.
- Please start on the course Home Page. It is best to work through the material using the “Continue” and “Previous” arrows located at the top of each page. You can also jump to any part of the course by clicking on the left Menu.
- The course is divided in six modules that use text, graphics, downloadable files, at least one video per lesson and finally, quizzes to help you self-evaluate your learning progress. These quizzes are not mandatory for course completion, but we recommend you take the time to complete them.
If you are having any trouble with the course, we are here to help!
You can ask for help in multiple ways:
- Email: [email protected], write “online course support” in the subject line
- Phone: 610-683-1481, leave detailed message and phone # so we can contact you
- Phone: 610-683-1400, ask for the Education Department
See a complete list of course instructors below: