BEFORE YOU START
Hello and welcome to Getting Your Organic Certification course!
This course was designed as a guide to help you successfully complete all the steps of the USDA Certified Organic application process. In this course, you will learn the rules and regulations established by the National Organic Program (NOP), and how to ensure your farm meets these standards. Join Rodale Institute staff and researchers, expert guests, and certified organic farmers who want to share with you their experiences, challenges and successes.
This standalone course is included in the comprehensive Transition to Certified Organic Agriculture as Module 6.
You will have access to this course across any and all devices you own, anytime, from anywhere, and a Certificate of Completion will be awarded once you finish the entire course.
Watch the video below and here are some tips to help you get the most out of your experience:
- This course was created for delivery in Teachable, an online learning platform that will provide an exceptional learning experience. We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Once you create your school account, you should have easy access, but will be prompted to sign in with your credentials, unless you save your password and bookmark the site.
- Please start on the course Home Page. It is best to work through the material using the “Previous” and “Continue” arrows located at the top of each page. You can also jump to any part of the course by clicking on the Menu on the left.
- Each module ends with quizzes to help you self-evaluate your learning progress. These quizzes are not mandatory for course completion, but we recommend you take the time to complete them.
If you are having any trouble with the course, we are here to help!
You can ask for help in multiple ways:
- Email: [email protected], write “online course support” in the subject line
- Phone: 610-683-1481, leave detailed message and phone # so we can contact you
- Phone: 610-683-1400, ask for the Education Department