As a consumer, you hold a lot of power. You don’t have to be a farmer to transform our food system—you just have to eat, shop, and advocate consciously. Rodale Institute’s Being a Regenerative Consumer course is here to teach you, the consumer, how you can heal people and the planet from your very own home.
This on-demand, online course was designed for anyone interested in learning more about what organic means, why soil matters, and how you can make a difference in the health of your family and the planet.
In this course, you’ll engage with Rodale Institute’s expert staff on topics like regenerative organic farming practices, nutrition and pesticides, healthy soil and climate change, and much more in an easy to understand, digestible format. If you’ve ever wondered if you should start buying organic, what organic certification means, or other positive actions you can take at home, Rodale Institute is here to help.
This course is for:
- Eco-conscious consumers interested in learning more about our food system and how to have a positive impact
- Professionals, policymakers, journalists, and others seeking ways to communicate about regenerative organic farming
- Individuals curious about whether organic food is the right choice for them and its impact on their health
- Organic farmers looking for ways to market to consumers
- Anyone at all!
In this course, you will:
- Discover the differences between organic, regenerative, and regenerative organic farming & learn how to find these products at the store
- Learn more about healthy soil, the farming practices that build it, and why it matters
- Understand the impact that buying, eating, and supporting regenerative organic can have on your health, your community, and our planet
- Go beyond the plate to identify regenerative organic agriculture’s capacity for fighting the climate crisis, increasing food access, improving water quality, and more
- Learn how to make a difference yourself with 5 concrete action steps