BEFORE YOU START
Hello and welcome to the Transition to Organic Livestock Production course!
The Transition to Organic Livestock Production course provides information on organic livestock management and an overview of the National Organic Program (NOP) standards as they apply to specific segments of a livestock farm operation. The course instructors provide detailed analyses of nutrition, health and best management practices for each species. The course incorporates a variety of instructional materials and methods with video being the main vehicle for transfer of knowledge. Each lesson includes videos of farmers who share with you their experience, challenges and successes in managing organic livestock operations.
You will have access to this course across any and all devices you own, anytime, from anywhere, and a Certificate of Completion will be awarded once you finish the entire course.
If you are a professional CCA, CPAg, CPSS or CPSC interested in Continuing Education Units (CEUs), email [email protected] to discuss how you can submit this course for approval with your agency.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your experience:
- This course was created for delivery in Teachable, an online learning platform that will provide an exceptional learning experience. We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Once you create your school account, you should have easy access, but will be prompted to sign in with your credentials, unless you save your password and bookmark the site.
- Please start on the course Home Page. It is best to work through the material using the “Previous” and “Continue” arrows located at the top of each page. You can also jump to any part of the course by clicking on the Menu on the left.
- Each module ends with quizzes to help you self-evaluate your learning progress. These quizzes are not mandatory for course completion, but we recommend you take the time to complete them.
If you are having any trouble with the course, we are here to help!
You can ask for help in multiple ways:
- Email: [email protected], write “online course support” in the subject line
- Phone: 610-683-1481, leave detailed message and phone # so we can contact you
- Phone: 610-683-1400, ask for the Education Department